ABOUT THE ROLE:
As part of Infrastructure Engineering team, you will work with a wide range of relational and NoSQL data sources in a fast-paced environment. With a commitment to innovation, we embrace automation and agile culture, love technical challenges and eager to adopt new technologies and tools.
Here's what you'll be doing:
* Supporting a variety of datastores, including, but not limited to MySQL, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Redis Enterprise, ElasticSearch, Kafka.
* Building and maintaining services, automation and tools that will improve our systems availability, stability, monitoring and performance.
* Collaborating with Udemy Engineering and QA teams across the globe.
* Advancing our systems automation efforts using Ansible and Terraform in our private and public cloud infrastructures.
* Expanding runbooks and documentation on best practices and usage for all tools and services we own.
* Participating in the DevOps agile process.
* Defining, developing and deploying system monitoring requirements/thresholds.
* Participating in on-call rotation.
Sample projects you might work on:
* Develop auto-scaling capability in our hybrid cloud.
* Datastore Service as part of our microservices initiative.
* Improve scalability and reliability of our MySQL cluster.
* Design and support multi-datacenter clusters.
We're excited about you because you have:
* Strong scripting skills and experience automating datastore operations with a major scripting language (Python, Perl, Shell etc).
* Experience designing and implementing data models, datastore architectures for a variety of use cases.
* Expert-level knowledge and hands on experience at scale with at least one of the following datastores: MySQL, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Redis Enterprise.
* Excellent linux system administration skills.
* Fundamental understanding of the implementation of security and data protection.
* Demonstrated experience troubleshooting complex issues and ability to communicate effectively during investigation and post mortem.
* Knowledge of SQL and/or CQL.
* Database performance optimization and tuning experience.
* Monitoring experience (External and internal, ie Datadog, Nagios, CheckMK, ThousandEyes).
* Experience with AWS or other cloud platform.
* Experience supporting large scale production environments.
* Hybrid Cloud experience.
* Container orchestration experience (Kubernetes, Mesos, etc).
* Distributed Systems experience (multi-data center support).
* Working experience in a CI/CD or similar Build/Release environment.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We're a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy's culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Udemy operates as a marketplace for teaching and learning.