Udemy mobile applications are used by millions of students around the world in over 190 countries, and over 40,000 instructors. Our students consume lectures on mobile devices, on laptops, and on digital media players. As part of expanding our global reach, we want to ensure the best experience possible for every student. As a Mobile Services Engineer at Udemy, you will be responsible for a variety of greenfield software development projects, including developing APIs and microservices that our apps will interact with, building rule-based engines for sending push notifications, and experimenting with aggregation of internal services to create useful API end-points.
Here's what you'll be doing:
* Designing, building, testing and deploying backend API services and microservices for native mobile applications. New code will be in Kotlin.
* Working with the native mobile team: developers, product owners, designers, and researchers.
* Working with the rest of engineering and devops/SRE to build good solutions in a demanding technical environment. Working to improve the development process. Evaluate and implement new tools as needed.
* Contributing to a team culture that values quality while fostering initiatives and innovation.
We're excited about you because you have:
* Solid understanding of two or more object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Swift, Objective C, Kotlin, Python, Scala.
* Knowledge of RDBMS systems such as MySql, Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server.
* Experience with back-end development.
* Experience with Kotlin Programming Language
* Experience with issues around scalability, concurrency, parallelism, and high performance.
* Having worked with A/B testing.
* Solid understanding of implementation of rule-based systems.
* Experience Kubernetes or Docker.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We're a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy's culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Udemy operates a marketplace for teaching and learning.