At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007-as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we've grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and-above all-have fun doing it.
Fitbit's HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you've found your fit?
As a Device SW Technical Program Manager, your role will be to drive end to end delivery of Device SW features and services, within the Devices Portfolio Initiatives. You will work with key stakeholders across the organization to help identify program requirements and priorities, and you will own and drive program status communication, risk management & mitigation plans, define and track initiative KPI's and dependency management activities.
What you'll do:
* Drive end-to-end program responsibilities working with stakeholders from product, engineering, customer service, and other areas
* Develop, maintain, and communicate program plans and progress
* Drive risk management activities within an initiative, ensuring clear prioritizations with mitigation plans in place.
* Own the overall Device SW readiness through Fitbit's product development phase gates.
* Ensures the team has identified all program dependencies - both internal and external
* Identifies and tracks all sub-team deliverables for respective Device SW Program, including schedule alignment, resourcing gaps, sprint points and KPI's.
* Responsible for maintaining a single source of truth regarding the initiative's scope, targets, KPIs, key decisions and status.
* Drive incremental process improvements for our planning and execution framework.
* High Emotional Intelligence - skilled at both the "art" and "science" of program management.
* Experienced in integrating multiple product development processes (waterfall vs. agile).
* Demonstrated experience in constructing and optimizing product development schedules to support business opportunities.
* Ability to constructively lead teams through business-driven requirement changes.
* Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques. For example release planning, story sizing, retrospectives, continuous testing, automated testing, backlog management.
* 5+ years working in technical program management in software development.
* Ability to effectively work in both strategic and tactical situations.
* Experience working with remote teams and/or team members.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Skilled in executive engagement.
* Ability to work with both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Experience with using data to inform program decisions.
* Must be skilled in articulating the competitive advantage that program management brings to product delivery.
* Accomplished in leading through influence.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Fitbit is a company providing wearable devices with software and services that help users reach their health and fitness goals.