At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007-as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we've grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and-above all-have fun doing it.
Fitbit's HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you've found your fit?
As a Senior Build and Release Engineer, you will build a predictable, reliable, and automated build pipeline to help our team deliver on its mission to ship high quality code fast, and with confidence.
What You'll Do:
* Design, implement, and maintain the team's CI system
* Develop build scripts and GIT integration using Batch Scripts, PowerShell, Python, and Bash
* Develop and manage processes to build continuously, nightly, and releases for testing and production
* Integrate build with automated test frameworks and enable automated build verification and reporting
* Manage the build and release of all firmware products
* Manage and maintain release branches
* Perform selective integration and builds
Who You Are:
* 5+ years of experience in build and release engineering
* 3+ years of experience in programming in Python
* Experience with Make and GCC files
* Experience with GIT, Stash, Github, BuildBot, Jenkins, Bamboo
* Experience with Windows and Linux build environments
* Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Experience building for embedded systems is a plus
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Fitbit is a company providing wearable devices with software and services that help users reach their health and fitness goals.