At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007-as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we've grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and-above all-have fun doing it.
Fitbit's HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you've found your fit?
Fitbit is looking for a Sr. LTE Test Engineer to join our growing team. As a Sr. LTE Test Engineer, you will help shape the future of testing Fitbit smartwatches and trackers. We're looking for a proactive test engineer who has a passion and proven track record for testing products from concept to delivery.
What You'll Work On:
* Testing LTE technology on the tracker/smartwatch devices.
* Responsibilities include testing: LTE Data calls, VoLTE calls, SMS and Protocol conformance testing.
* Ability to analyze LTE logs and do an initial triage of the issues.
* Responsible for pre-testing of Carrier Test Plans on the device before Carrier Lab Entry.
* Support device testing at the carrier labs including initial triage of the failures.
* Support the Test plan lockdown with Cellular carriers.
* Verification of LTE stability on the weekly/bi-weekly development builds.
* Design test specifications and test plans for new and existing features
* Create, prioritize, and organize test cases into logical suites for execution
* Execute test cases and report results
* Use test frameworks to develop automated test cases
* Research evolving test trends
* Work with other engineers to increase test coverage
* Utilize testing best practices and processes within the engineering team
* Work in an Agile test environment
Who You Are:
* Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
* Passionate about technology and software development
* Great communication and collaboration skills
* 3+ years experience working in systems test at Cellular OEM or chipset vendor.
* Good knowledge of cellular test equipment, i.e.: Call Boxes, Protocol analyzers etc.
* Good experience working on LTE protocol conformance testing and other cellular carrier lab testing.
* Good understanding of 3GPP test plans and cellular carrier test plans.
* Prior experience working with Carrier approved Test vendor labs.
* Understanding of RF conformance and RRM test plans is a big plus.
* Understanding of GPS is a big plus.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Fitbit is a developer of wearable and connected health and wellness computing devices.