Lone Tree - CO, BRCOQ4, 9899 Schwab Way, 80124-5377
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Responsible for platform level technology strategy management. Ensures alignment to all STS technology strategies. A "Platform" may be a vertical segment that aligns to business capabilities (such as Finance) or a horizontal segment that aligns to technology capabilities that can be applied to all platforms independent of any business capabilities (such as Security).The Platform Architect works as team member alongside the S , Technical Leads and other supporting team members to deliver a complete platforms
What you'll do:
* Define the platform level principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with STS's future state architecture vision.
* Develop a blueprint and road map for the evolution of the platform from current to future state.
* Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
* Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects within the platform, working closely with that Solution Architects manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
* Mentor the technical community on the practice of architecture, application modernization and technology strategy Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
* Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
* Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
* Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise. Design and direct the platform level governance activities Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
* Align the solutions with the platform strategy.
* Consult with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
* Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the platform architecture.
* Document all platform architecture design and analysis work.
* Work closely with the program management office (PMO) to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.
* Advocate for agile practices to increase delivery agility. Embrace emergent architecture to accommodate evolution.
* Assist with the talent acquisition process by performing candidate screening for key technical roles.
What you have:
* Bachelor's (BS) degree in Computer Science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of ten years (10) of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management, building complex, resilient and highly scalable applications, or operations.
* Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
* Must have 3+ years' of Java Development experience.
* Mush have 1+ years' of Cloud Development experience.
* 3+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry is preferred.
* Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models.
* Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
* Strong leadership skills
* Excellent analytical and technical skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture.
* Knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
* Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture.
* Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment.
* Organizationally savvy, with a good understanding of the enterprise's political climate and how to navigate, influence and persuade political waters.
* Ability to communicate, influence and persuade peers.
* Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
* Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements.
* Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives.
* Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
* Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
* Proven ability to work well with others.
* Ability to understand technology alternatives and when to apply them.
* Ability to embrace modern architecture paradigms to maximize architectural agility.
* Ability to establish metrics to measure improvement.
* Proven ability to validate architectural decisions to obtain accurate feedback.
* A respected leader.
* Technology neutral: remains unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice, and is more interested in results than personal preferences.
* Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity.
* Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes.
* Constantly increasing domain knowledge to aid in decision making.
* Always building relationships with users to increase trust.
* Ability to apply innovative technology to solutions that would benefit our clients.
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: Yes Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs Position Located In: CO - Lone Tree Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.