Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our Cross Enterprise Utilities team (CES) is looking for a highly talented technologist to lead solution architecture for Schwab's Digital Utilities group. This team is responsible for developing and delivering cross-enterprise utilities which provide highly-reliable and scalable solutions that support all of Schwab's line of businesses. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative business solutions leveraging emerging technologies at Schwab. We are looking for somebody with a minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect, building complex, highly scalable applications with low latency.
What you'll do:
You will be joining us as a Technical Director (Senior Technical Solutions Architect) focused on providing architectural guidance and ensuring that the technical solutions are implemented in the right way across multiple projects and Scrum teams. We are looking for somebody who is curious and possesses excellent technical skills, ability to lead teams through technology challenges while driving towards the target enterprise architecture. Our teams are in the process of building the next generation of Digital Utilities. These utilities represent cross-enterprise utilities that provide key supporting functionality across Schwab. These new solutions need to be highly scalable, flexible, and should have the capability to support a high volume of accounts.
* Work closely with delivery managers, other solution architects and with business teams to architect technology solutions to meet client needs.
* Understanding complex problems easily and come up with simple solutions.
* Lead the technical delivery across multiple scrum teams to ensure compliance to the target architecture.
* Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and producing technical requirements and design documents.
* Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues.
What you have:
* 10+ years of solid development experience on distributed platforms.
* Experience with C++, Java or C# in a Linux/Windows environment.
* Experience in writing complex algorithms is key to the success in this role.
* The ability to step in and code to drive a solution that your engineers can build upon.
* Experience in conducting POCs using emerging technologies.
* Experience in understanding how applications interacts with hardware, storage, and network.
* Experience in developing and operating multiple instances in mission critical micro-services architecture.
* Experience in mentoring software developers.
* Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
* Experience with NO SQL databases such as MongoDB, Aerospike, etc.
* Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
* Good communication skills and the ability to present ideas to technical and non-technical partners.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: Yes Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Friday, January 11, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.