Altran Innovative Product Development (IPD) consists of around 150 US-based engineers working in small teams to develop a variety of complex systems in partnership with our clients.
Altran IPD focuses on the critical challenge of bringing products from concept to production-ready release, balancing speed and agility in delivery with an emphasis on creating reliable, supportable and extensible designs. Our engineers are not distracted by the ongoing and unpredictable demands of supporting existing products and instead are able to maintain a focus on driving the new development efforts. Thus, our teams move at a very rapid pace, delivering exciting results for our clients and maximizing the learning opportunities for our employees.
Altran provides a full complement of technology consulting, software and product development services to clients ranging from established startups to Fortune 500 companies, in industries such as medical devices, healthcare information systems, industrial automation, autonomous vehicles and capital equipment.
At Altran you will face a steady stream of new client challenges and work with a variety of talented coworkers, as you keep pace with the technological trends driving each generation of new products.
For more information, visit www.altran.com/us/en/
Are you motivated by the challenge of designing complex business-critical and life-critical systems for demanding customers? Are you well versed in a variety of software technologies, process methodologies and tool chains?
As a Technical Director with Altran, you will play a key role in the development and launch of complex, software-driven electromechanical products. You will drive software architecture, requirements, risk management and development planning activities in order to set project teams up for success. You will work directly with clients, advising on system design trade-offs, contributing to product development proposals, and participating in the delivery of engagements. Projects may include development of medical devices, industrial equipment, and consumer products.
You will build trusting relationships with clients and colleagues in order to make a meaningful impact on decisions from product requirements to technology selection to design process. You will collaborate with local and global design teams, invoking unique talents from design centers across the globe, to deliver the best solution for the client.
The ideal candidate will quickly establish credibility with both technical and management staff at all levels across the client organization. The candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work cross-functionally in a highly technical environment. The candidate must demonstrate strong communication skills with a proven ability to deliver effective presentations to business and technical audiences. The candidate will have experience successfully engaging global teams in software development efforts. The candidate should have experience working with sales staff to turn compelling solutions into winning business proposals.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Master's preferred.
* 10+ years of experience as a software engineer supporting development of complex embedded systems, including activities across the product development life cycle from concept to release.
* Experience with software architecture formulation and assessment, and software technology selection for new products.
* Experience defining and following formal software development processes
* Experience eliciting and writing software requirements and use cases
* Experience with Object Oriented Design and UML.
* Experience estimating and planning software development projects including risk management and integration plans.
* Experience in a regulated product development environment such as medical devices or avionics controls including experience with formal hazard and risk assessment processes.
* Strong written and verbal communications and team collaboration skills
* Willingness to travel up to 30% as needed
Altran Technologies is a company that specializes in advanced engineering consulting and innovation consultancy.