Today's complex interconnected world demands companies to conceptualize and deliver cutting-edge products and solutions to market faster than ever before. Altran, a global product development partner, collaborates with companies to address the business and technical challenges inherent in developing and supporting complex connected systems.
For over three decades, leading companies and emerging startups in some of the most highly regulated and rapidly evolving industries have relied on Altran to inspire innovation, accelerate time to market, improve predictability, and maximize return on product investment. Altran provides a full complement of technology consulting, software and product development expertise, and engineering services to our client partners in the Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, Industry and Electronics, and Medical and Life Sciences industries.
In North America, Altran is based in Burlington, Massachusetts, with additional offices in Detroit and the Silicon Valley. For more information, visit altran.com.
Altran is seeking a Staff Test Engineer to develop automated and manual tests, help qualify tools for use, and support the broader team as needed. The primary responsibilities of the Staff Test Engineer include: working with automation frameworks, writing automated test cases, manual feature and integration test design, and system-level testing of complex products. Test efforts will also involve test execution and submission of defects - following the processes of a well-defined Quality Management System. Testing responsibilities in this role may vary with each project, and encompass multiple technical disciplines including software, embedded software, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems testing.
In this role you will:
* Analyze technical requirements and defects to create detailed test cases and procedures,
* Execute manual test cases and report defects,
* Work with test automation frameworks and the development of automated scripts,
* Interface with clients and client-facing teams during project delivery including occasional travel to client sites,
* Collaborate with other engineers, communicating progress and challenges and soliciting input from the quality team, development team and project management,
* Follow Test Engineering best practices including support of special initiatives to improve process, investigate and qualify tools, develop techniques to benefit future projects,
* Quickly ramp up with relevant domain and technology knowledge as required for each project.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline,
* 2-4 years' experience working as a Test Engineer in a multidisciplinary project team environment,
* Experience in testing complex systems including medical devices, enterprise software, mobile applications, embedded software, or system level testing of capital equipment,
* Experience in test automation supporting either embedded, desktop, web or mobile technologies,
* Experience with at least one object oriented programming language such as Java, Python or C#,
* Technical aptitude for Test Engineering, with knowledge and/or training in software development or hardware engineering,
* Experience with test case management and defect tracking tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, Jama,
* Knowledge of various engineering design standards,
* Strong communication and problem solving skills,
* Ability for occasional travel (up to 25%).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V
Altran Technologies is a company that specializes in advanced engineering consulting and innovation consultancy.