Altran Innovative Product Development is a small company within a big company. About 150 US-based engineers working primarily in our Burlington, Massachusetts office, are deployed in small teams to accelerate the development of complex cloud-based software solutions and electro-mechanical products.
Altran provides a full complement of technology consulting, software and product development services to clients ranging from established startups to Fortune 500 companies. Currently, we are engaged in the development of next-generation semiconductor manufacturing systems, diabetes management solutions, automated warehouse robotic systems, clinical diagnostic systems, commercial-grade hot beverage dispensers, and clinical data management solutions, to name a few.
Dozens of teams of highly skilled Altran engineers participate in several new product introductions each year. At Altran you will face a steady stream of new client challenges and work with a variety of talented coworkers, as you keep pace with the technological trends driving each generation of new products. Each engineer has the opportunity to make highly visible and valuable contributions. Every project represents an opportunity to learn and grow as an engineer, and as a leader.
The Technical Team Leader provides hands-on leadership in the planning, implementation, and delivery of solutions related to new product introductions and product extensions in a variety of technical and market domains. The Technical Team Leader coordinates efforts between operations and technology teams, and predictably delivers engineering projects through a series of meaningful iterations or milestones. This position works with internal and external stakeholders to bring structure while implementing complex, project-based processes to attack the highest risk areas on programs, and efficiently deliver services to delight our clients.
* Organize, plan and drive the delivery of technical solutions to final client hand-off.
* Collaboratively adapt and develop project plans, engineering processes and communication standards for teams.
* Coordinate the setup, configuration and tracking of each project in all applicable systems (from the accounting system to document and source code control and defect tracking)
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
* Assist with the development of reports and presentations to demonstrate progress or escalate issues.
* Participate in all design reviews and product verification to ensure that deliverables both support the product vision and meet the defined requirements.
* Coordinate internal and external teams to gain acceptance of deliverables.
* Successfully transfer developed technology and work products to the client's control at designated milestones.
* Self-assign other duties to best leverage your own technical expertise and ensure program success.
* 5-10 Years' experience in delivery of complex software or electromechanical products including 3-5 years in leadership roles with end-to-end ownership of key deliverables
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a related engineering discipline
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills including excellent client facing skills - the ability to work effectively with customers and executives to align technical solutions to business needs
* Experience leading global or distributed development teams a plus
* Experience eliciting and writing software or system requirements and use cases
* Experience decomposing complex tasks into smaller functional blocks and applying the appropriate staff or teams to deliver against these.
* Demonstrated capability managing risk on complex programs - identifying and prioritizing risks, accelerating the discovery of issues or constraints, and executing meaningful remediation plans which improve project outcomes.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V
Altran Technologies SA is a France-based company that specializes in the advanced engineering consulting and innovation consultancy.