Altran Innovative Product Development is a small company within a big company. About 150 US-based engineers working primarily in our Burlington, Massachusetts office, are deployed in small teams to accelerate the development of complex cloud-based software solutions and electro-mechanical products.
Altran provides a full complement of technology consulting, software and product development services to clients ranging from established startups to Fortune 500 companies. Currently, we are engaged in the development of next-generation semiconductor manufacturing systems, diabetes management solutions, automated warehouse robotic systems, clinical diagnostic systems, commercial-grade hot beverage dispensers, and clinical data management solutions, to name a few.
Dozens of teams of highly skilled Altran engineers participate in several new product introductions each year. At Altran you will face a steady stream of new client challenges and work with a variety of talented coworkers, as you keep pace with the technological trends driving each generation of new products. Each engineer has the opportunity to make highly visible and valuable contributions. Every project represents an opportunity to learn and grow as an engineer, and as a leader.
As a Consulting Systems Engineer with Altran, you will be a key member of multi-disciplinary project teams responsible for the development and launch of complex, software-driven electromechanical products. You will drive system-level definition, development, integration and test activities throughout the entire product design lifecycle. You will work directly with clients, advising on system design trade-offs, contributing to product development proposals, and participating in the delivery of engagements. Projects may include development of medical devices, industrial equipment, and consumer products.
* Guide cross-functional project teams consisting of electrical, software, mechanical, manufacturing, and test engineers to achieve project deliverables
* Create system architectures in response to defined user needs, including tradeoff analysis, strategy, and decomposition into subsystems with defined responsibilities and interfaces
* Contribute to system development tasks that include defining and tracing use cases, system and subsystem requirements, and test plans
* Identify and document system hazards, failure modes, and risk mitigations
* Perform peer reviews of deliverables from all disciplines throughout system development to ensure alignment to the system architecture, and to facilitate interdisciplinary tradeoffs
* Create system integration plans to outline tasks and sequences for the incremental assimilation of deliverables from different disciplines or subsystems into a working system, including subsystem simulation or emulation as appropriate
* Lead the creation of user scenario oriented test strategies, and risk mitigation strategies
* Work with subsystem teams, domain subject matter experts, and suppliers in the assessment, selection, integration, and qualification of key components
* Support new business development by representing and communicating Altran's capabilities, listening and asking clarifying questions
* Support generation of Altran proposals by obtaining detailed information and requirements, structuring and organizing undefined tasks, creating project plans and estimates
* Provide technical and thought leadership in customer meetings as a subject matter expert on system design, test and manufacturing best practices
* A Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required, a Master of Science and/or System Engineering certification is a plus
* At least five years' experience working as a design engineer in at least two of: Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
* At least three years' experience leading multidisciplinary new product development teams, defining interfaces, managing integration and facilitating tradeoffs between disciplines.
* Experience working as part of a cross-functional team that includes development, verification, validation, procurement, manufacturing, regulatory and quality experts
* Familiarity with Systems Engineering practices such as requirements management, design trade-off and cost-benefit analysis, hazards and risk assessments, and integration planning.
* Experience working in a regulated product development environment such as medical devices or aerospace
* Experience working with design teams in multiple geographical locations including India or Southeast Asia.
* Strong written and verbal communications and team collaboration skills
* Experience developing proposals and effort estimates a plus
* Ability and willingness to travel to client sites up to 25-30%.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V
Altran Technologies SA is a France-based company that specializes in the advanced engineering consulting and innovation consultancy.