Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
What You'll Do Here:
Technical Content Developers are responsible for developing sophisticated computer-graded content based on traditional print teaching materials (such as homework problems, assessments, tutorials, and labs) while adhering to pedagogy, quality, style, and productivity standards. An Associate Technical Content Developer should have a high degree of proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite and have a strong passion for education and problem solving. The ability to work independently within a highly collaborative team environment is essential to this position.
* Understand pedagogical intent of teaching materials and translate appropriately into computer-graded content.
* Learn and apply proprietary scripting language and tools to create and review content for the SAM platform.
* Write and edit contextual error messages providing feedback and remediation to users.
* Learn to accurately estimate, plan, and communicate with team members and managers on work and project progress to ensure deliverables are met.
* Collaborate as a member of a cross-functional project team.
* Proactively identify and suggest areas for change or improvement within the project team.
* Continually improve technical skills and display aptitude for new tasks.
* Participate in supporting activities such as: resolving customer-facing errors, developing process efficiencies, assisting with issue tracking, maintaining documentation, etc.
Skills You Will Need Here:
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including advanced-level proficiency using at least 2 of the following applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
* Basic understanding of programming logic and experience reading a programming language
* Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to work with minimal supervision within a team
* Bachelor's degree
* Experience with agile development processes and recurring release cycles
* Experience working with JIRA or a comparable bug tracking tool
* Experience with content management systems, including content modeling, metadata application and user requirements driven by content organization
* Understanding of how to use metadata to support information retrieval
* Familiarity with content formats (HTML, XML) and product platforms
* Knowledge of learning design and instructional design methodologies
About Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a company providing higher education textbooks, ebooks, and digital solutions.