Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
What You'll Do Here:
Software Quality Assurance Engineers are primarily responsible for getting the work done to ensure systems and projects are working as designed (and required), with a high degree of quality. The primary function of the role is to design, develop and implement test strategies for validating features. While they have no direct management or leadership responsibilities, they are encouraged to take part in defining directions and setting goals. As SQA increase in skill, they will likely be considered authorities in their field(s) of expertise (i.e. their engineering domain).
Role and Responsibilities:
* Builds test plans from a technical design document and/or requirements document with moderate supervision
* Executes manual test cases and regresses bugs.
* Troubleshoots issues (in QA or on live) as assigned with some supervision.
* Contributes to reviewing test plans sent from junior members
* Provides reliable and accurate task estimates for assigned work with review from a Senior Engineers
* Assists in the review of documentation by working closing with Development & Product teams
* Effectively recycles existing test collateral and builds both when necessary
* Chips in to engineering domain design discussions and to test strategy creation
* Effectively reuses existing automation or testing tools and builds both when needed.
* Chips in to engineering domain design discussions and to test strategy creation as requested.
Skills You Will Need Here:
* BA/BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
* 3-6 years of relevant software quality assurance experience
* Proficient at coding in one or more of the following Java, PHP, Groovy, C# or Ruby and using the following tools (SoapUI, Selenium, JIRA, Zephyr or Eclipse IDE)
* Proficient knowledge of SQL (MySQL), Linux/Unix
* Is proficient in concepts of Quality Assurance and software development, Agile, TDD & BDD.
* Shows good initiative in seeking out opportunities to identify and deal with issues in both the systems they own as well as the systems other people own.
* Requires review and supervision of automation built
* Good understanding of Performance Testing & Security Testing(theory and why they-re important),Accessibility & Cross Browser Testing
About Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a company providing higher education textbooks, ebooks, and digital solutions.