Cengage Learning Emea
Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
What You'll Do Here:
* Comply with agile development principles and practices to design, develop software solutions and solve business problems.
* Take ownership of applications and projects including identifying issues, proactively looking for solutions and delivering on milestones.
* Work and communicate within a geographically dispersed team environment comprised of software engineers, product managers, software test engineers, and product support engineers.
* Ensure high quality code through unit (JUnit), integration, system, load, and coded-UI tests as per organizational standards.
* Ensure effective communication regarding deliverables and work schedule.
* Stay abreast of trends and latest industry developments, and share knowledge among colleagues.
* Collaborate with architecture and other integrated teams to design, develop and solve complex business problems.
* Debug software components developed by the team to identify, fix, verify and remediate code defects.
* Ensure adherence to coding standards and team processes and procedures through collaborative development.
* Utilize best practices for platforms and languages.
* Implement and maintain OSGi based web applications running on Apache Karafe.
* Use Dependency Injection and Inversion-of-Control frameworks to implement different plugins.
* Identify and implement appropriate storage technologies including Elastic Search, RDBMS, no-SQL.
* Write object oriented server side code using Java.
Skills You Will Need Here:
Master's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field, plus three (3) years of experience analyzing, designing and coding large scale Java/J2EE-based applications, or alternatively, Bachelor's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field, plus five (5) years of experience analyzing, designing and coding large scale Java/J2EE-based applications.
Candidate must also possess:
* Demonstrated Expertise ("DE") implementing Core Java 7 and core design patterns for backend features implementation and ORM framework for data access layer, and designing and implementing Webservices using Restful and SOAP for disparate applications interoperability.
* DE implementing and verifying new features and bug fixes using jUnit tests.
* DE with RDBMS including writing SQL queries, stored procedures, functions and triggers, and utilizing relational data modeling and database schema design.
* DE storing code using GIT following Agile development methodology, performing continuous integration using Jenkins and building java code using Apache Maven.
* DE performing project management using JIRA.
About Cengage Learning Emea
Cengage Learning is a company providing higher education textbooks, ebooks, and digital solutions.