Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of technology to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We're curious and comfortable with change, and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, we put learning first in everything we do!
What You'll Do Here:
The Content Quality Assurance Engineer helps toe ensure that we have the highest-quality, most accurate web content online! You'll rely on company-defined editorial standards, templates, visual designs, accessibility compliance standards, and web industry standard methodologies to visually inspect web pages for adherence to those pre-defined standards, flagging and fixing any defects identified.
* Conduct visual inspections of content or content delivery elements (assessments, simulations or narrative) to confirm accurate layout, design, content, translations, rich content features & interactions across different screen sizes (phone, tablet and desktop)
* Validate content correctness
* Perform functional testing of page elements - specifically: links, accessibility compliance and visual design transitions
* Identify patterns in content errors, perform root cause analysis of problems with web page templates, copy and configurations
* Apply formatting specs & design styles as directed, to correct content errors
* Build & execute test cases for both content specific and End 2 End functionality
* Lead all aspects of and balance the QA work of external vendors
* Lead multiple concurrent projects over different disciplines
* Work with the Program Managers on various development projects to support the needs of their projects and guide them in how best to utilize the components for which they are responsible
* Apply edits, correction and bug fixes to source documents and manuscripts
Skills You Will Need Here:
* Background / knowledge in any of the following academic disciplines:
* Social Work
* Criminal Justice
* Strong knowledge of common desktop and mobile browser technologies
* Experience working with highly trafficked, scalable Web applications
* Knowledge and experience reading log files; some experience with software debugging
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Access)
* Strong understanding of software and content development life cycles
* Creative solving of technical problems to ensure technical requirements translate into test plans
* Ability to track multiple test efforts simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results in fast paced environment
* Proficient in XML scripting and have the ability to edit XML codes to fix content bugs
* Highly organized, with keen attention to details
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment with often shifting priorities
* Strong ability to multi-task (balancing lots of requests)
* Technical capability (ability to quickly learn new systems or software applications)
* Strong social skills (written and verbal)
* Self starter, ambitious, driven individual
* Ability to work on a cross-functional team of internal and external resources located onshore and offshore.
Education and Experience Requirements
* 3+ years quality assurance experience, preferably with a web-based, Software-as-a-Service application
* BA/BS degree required; degree in computer science or similar would be a plus
About Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a company providing higher education textbooks, ebooks, and digital solutions.