JP Morgan Chase
Req #: 190036752
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As a Technical Analyst, you are responsible:
* Perform impact analysis on platform & project-specific technical topics
* Lead design discussions within the team and with other technology partners and project managers
* Work with product, business and application teams to write technical user stories for a SOA/services/messaging development team
* Research code to determine current system functionality
* Execute testing of REST and SOAP web services using tools like Soap UI/ Ready API to verify that the services meet the acceptance criteria defined in the user stories
* Facilitate communication between the project stakeholders and technology teams
* Create knowledge artifacts and share/upload them in Confluence for the team's reference
* Write technical user stories partnering with development team.
* Help with Code review.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Hands-on experience as a Business Systems Analyst, Systems Analyst, Technical Analyst or in a related discipline with an emphasis on delivering cutting-edge technology
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Ability to read Java code and service definitions in order to understand existing system behavior
* Experience working with Spring, SOAP, REST, Micro services, XML and JSON message formats in a shared services/enterprise level organization
* Understanding of BDD/TDD and experience writing technical user stories in JIRA using industry standard notations like Gherkins
* Good to be well versed with common agile terms and methodology and using tools like JIRA and Confluence.
* Understanding of SQL, stored procedure and database scripting
* Understanding of software development processes and procedures
* Experience using the IDEs such as Eclipse, IDEA IntelliJ, GIT, Bitbucket
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to forge lasting relationships with other scrum team members
* Familiarity with service-oriented environments, and better development practices
* Experience in Splunk, Cassandra and production support is a plus.
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
So if you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.