Business Technical Analyst
Req #: 190044840
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Technical Business Analyst position is part of the Wealth Management Organization in support of the Digital Wealth Management (DWM) offering, which aims to create a fully-integrated digital experience for Investment clients across the wealth continuum.
The position is for a Technical Business Analyst. As a Technical Business Analyst, you serve as a liaison between our business subject matter experts and application development. In this role you will be responsible for analyzing business requirements, functional requirements and working with application developers to deconstruct current-state system logic. Based on this analysis, you will be responsible for grooming technical stories/specifications to support our DWM Online Trading work-stream. As part of this work-stream, you may work on multiple features at the same time that may be in different phases of the SDLC, and you will work with a cross-functional (Application Development, Quality Assurance, Scrum Master, Product Owner, Architecture/Design Authority, etc.) and cross-LOB team (Digital Technology, Wealth Management Technology, Operations, etc.).
* Analyze business requirements to understand the business needs and determine system/application design to best meet those needs
* Combine knowledge of what the business wants with knowledge of current-state system design to groom technical stories/specifications for the target-state
* Serve as the primary liaison between the Business, Architecture, Development and Testing teams throughout the project life cycle
* Strategize with the business for the optimization of system processes; identify efficiencies and ways to improve BAU design and system flow
* Identify, assess, and document business requirements and functional/technical specifications; recommending business priorities, and advising business on options, risks, and costs
* Schedule and lead requirements review & design sessions with stakeholders; gather testable system requirements and translate them into user stories
* Analyze impact of proposed solution across the business and develop use cases to demonstrate the business requirements to the technology teams
* Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience as Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, System Analyst or Technical Analyst, with emphasis on technology and end-to-end implementation
* Prior experience in financial / banking institutions (preferably Wealth Management) with strong markets and trading system knowledge
* Excellent verbal and written skills are critical since this job primarily entails communicating information to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Experience working with software or web technology teams; with experience developing specifications for Web Service and Database layers
* Experience with software development methodologies and practices (SDLC, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.)
* Strong interpersonal skills to manage relationships with a variety of partners and stakeholders
* Application development/programming experience
* Business domain knowledge of investment products & experience with analyzing and implementing digital wealth management solutions
* Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence (or similar tools) is a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.