DevOps Rapid Response Support Analyst
Req #: 190033050
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and skills, including:
* Be part of a team which provides support for all Batch processes and applications.
* Work closely with business stakeholders, Infrastructure, DevOps, and other production support teams within the organization to mitigate and resolve incidents. Weekend support on a rotational basis is a requirement.
* Perform timely escalation of critical issues and proactively identify patterns of recurring issues to improve production stability
* Lead problem resolution and conduct root cause analysis and establish processes that will help incident prevention.
* Provide rapid response to queues of incidents, participate in root cause analysis (RCA) efforts, assists with building up knowledge base articles and documentations.
* Automate manual tasks and streamline processes using scripts and scheduling tools.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Candidate must be demonstrate a willingness to learn new technologies and business processes as required.
* Candidate must be a self-starter and able to work in pressure situations. Ability to multitask.
Technical qualifications for this role include:
* 3+ years' experience in an application support or technology support and be familiar with DevOps model
* Strong Database knowledge ( Sybase, Oracle PL/SQL).
* Strong understanding of ETL logic - Informatica, Pentaho
* Experience with UNIX Shell/Perl/Python scripting.
* Hands on Experience with Autosys/Job Scheduler tools, Splunk monitoring.
* Understanding of cloud architecture and AI concepts.
* Strong monitoring, analytical and escalation skills.
* Strong debugging and trouble shooting skills
* Experience in supporting Data Warehouses and Data Marts.
* Expertise in trouble shooting and resolving database performance bottlenecks.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Expertise in incident and problem management procedures
* Experience working with UNIX & Windows Environments.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio)
* Result oriented and highly flexible individual, able to work with minimal supervision.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.