Raytheon is seeking a highly motivated Systems Engineer to join a mature program in the Sterling VA location. The qualified Systems Engineer will support a very dynamic program in a world-class operations facility and must have a broad range of experience supporting mission critical network and computer systems.
* Understanding of Linux operating system (Centos, RHEL), server hardware, builds, installation and configuration;
* Install, configure, upgrade, and patch computer operating systems, and third party software;
* Configure and maintain virtual server environments;
* Knowledge in, but not limited to the following programming languages JAVA, C++, Python, C scripting;
* Experience with communication protocols such as Modbus TCP/IP and RTU, SNMP, RS-485;
* Knowledge in device integration into graphical user interfaces (GUI) for new/existing monitoring systems for CONUS/OCONUS sites, utilizing various software suites and communication protocols;
* Experience in Network maintenance and device/equipment configuration (DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, SSH, NFS);
* Knowledge in Active Directory and LDAP;
* An openness to OCONUS travel ;
* Current TS/SCI with polygraph.
* Knowledge of RHEL/CentOS Linux operating systems and CISCO;
* Experience with Microsoft SQL databases;
* Experience with server hardware and operating systems; monitor, report, and resolve system problems;
* Knowledge of Wonderware ArchestrA & Intouch programming;
* Knowledge of Data Center Infrastructure Management software suites;
* Understanding various PLC logic and programming software;
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, System Engineering, Computer Science, or other related field or equivalent experience.
143289 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.