This leadership position requires a high degree of radar systems technical competency and creativity. The Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) influences the technical performance of all Systems Engineering activities in the F-15 Qatar FMS radar development program, and assumes the responsibility of all engineering decisions impacting H/W, OFP, radar capabilities development, integration, verification, and work products delivery while ensuring the product meets all technical specifications, operational requirements and customer expectations.
The Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) leads the development aspects for the F15 Qatar FMS radar development program, technical scope includes design completion and integration, performance analysis, critical trade studies, statistical performance modeling and predictions, flight test analysis, data reduction, and modes/capabilities verification to ensure requirements compliance.
The Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) provides technical leadership of peer groups and technical mentoring to program engineers, including close coordination with the Program Chief Engineer (PCE) and IPTL(s), while also working closely with the Program Manager as the interface between program management and Systems Engineering team to ensure a high level of team performance.
The Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) reports to the Tactical Radar Systems Department Manager and is assigned to the F-15 Product Line in Secured Sensor Solutions (SSS) Mission Area.
Applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
* US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED as selected candidate will need a US Security clearance day one of employment*
* Minimum 12 years of experience with the following areas related to radar systems: AESA radar development, architectural trade studies, signal processing, tactical radar sensor platform, A/A, A/G, synthetic aperture radar imaging, radar capabilities/performance prediction, flight test data analysis, integration and verification in SIL.
* Experience with all Gates and IPDS/IR processes to ensure technical and execution feasibility
* Experience with developing and presenting technical briefings to the customer and Management
* Experience with radar H/W and S/W architecture, and mode development, integration, and verification
* Experience with physical limitations to implementing complex algorithms in real hardware, and the ability to allocate high level performance requirements to the modes and hardware
* Experience providing technical leadership to an engineering team throughout the entire product life cycle
* Experience engaging team members and key stake-holders, with prior responsibility to achieve execution excellence and provide support to Program Chief Engineer (PCE) and Program Manager (PM)
* Has led a technical team (team lead or task lead) on radar mode development, integration, and verification
* Active DoD Secret clearance
* US Citizenship
* Working knowledge in both tactical and Enabling Scope in the F-15 airborne radar product line
* EVMS Certification and strong knowledge of the Raytheon SAS Management System
* Knowledge of Systems level Concept of Operations
* Analysis which predicts overall system performance, error margins and performance budgets (link budget)
* Experience with proposal development, technical writing, product line technical roadmaps
* Work with customer(s) to understand requirements for system performance, quality, reliability, and top level costs.
* Strong relationships with internal and external resources
* Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
* BS in Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field; advanced degree(s) preferred
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 126296BR 126296 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.