Raytheon's Applied Signal Technology Division is seeking engineers who strive for excellence and have a passion to be part of a team that strengthens our nation and improves the security of our world.
With locations in Sunnyvale and Anaheim Hills, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, McLean, VA, and Annapolis Junction, MD, Raytheon AST provides trusted strategic and tactical SIGINT solutions that protect the interests of the U.S. and its partners. AST's work in areas such as high-capacity broadband communications, signal processing and analysis, tactical SIGINT, and wireless communications continually challenges our extraordinary engineers to solve problems and make the world a safer place. AST's work environment is dynamic, highly collaborative and provides engineers the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and innovative ideas, and work directly with our nation's finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity and work-life balance. Raytheon offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, 401(k) with matching, paid holidays and paid time off.
Whether you wish to live near and experience the California coast, the Maryland shores, our Nation's capital, or Utah's lakes and mountains, Raytheon AST encourages you to consider exploring the unique and rewarding opportunities our cutting-edge-technology team can offer.
As a Cyber Engineer you will be an integral part of our Engineering organization to design, integrate and maintain systems that provide secure multi-tenant compute environments for the US Government. The successful candidate must be a skilled systems engineer with experience spanning the entire life cycle of complex information systems--design, development, integration, deployment, operations and maintenance. Candidates may be required to work non-traditional hours, including weekends.
In this position you will work on complex technical problems and develop solutions. Application of advanced system engineering practices, technical principles, theories and concepts are necessary and expected. You will also contribute to the development of new principles and concepts that enable and ensure proper setup, configuration and functionality of systems. Work is performed under consultative direction focused on meeting predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are frequently self-initiated. This is a customer facing position. It requires direct interaction with our customers. Your will represent the organization, and be a spokesperson for the efforts you support.
You will collaborate as part of a virtual team with staff in our other geographically distributed offices.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. You must be able to capture and document complex technical designs and plans, generate briefings and deliver clear presentations to team members, customers and company management.
* this position can be staffed in Anaheim Hills, CA or Annapolis Junction, MD*
* Minimum of 8 years' experience with DevOps in support of virtualized Linux environments
* Experience in leading small teams
* Experience applying systems engineering principles to design, system-level integration and testing
* Experience generating acceptance test plans and acceptance test procedures
* Experience recognizing, diagnosing and responding to complex system faults
* Experience with RMF and application of IA requirements, e.g. DISA STIGs
* Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (DMV)
* Active TS/SCI clearance , with the ability to obtain a full scope polygraph
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
* Experience with high level programming and/or scripting, e.g. Python, Bash, Perl
* Experience and/or knowledge of network management systems (NMS) and/or security information event management systems (SIEM)
* Experience and/or knowledge DevOps tools , e.g. Ansible, Puppet, CHEF, Salt
* Experience and/or knowledge of enterprise infrastructure services, e.g. IAM, DNS, DHCP
* Familiarity with industry standard network operating systems (e.g. Cisco, Dell, Brocade)
* Hold an industry recognized certification, e.g. RHCSA, CCNA, CEH, CISSP
Required Education: BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
137036 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
CA - Anaheim Hills
MD - Annapolis Junction
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.