What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
The Technology Area Director (TAD) for Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI) exhibits a high degree of cross-discipline knowledge and experience. She/he has had hands-on experience in developing new technology as part of company funded and/or contractual research and development.
The ML/AI TAD will assume a key role in SAS technology management as a member of the Engineering Headquarters Technical Staff reporting to the SAS Technical Director. She/he will participate in the selection of IR&D projects based on technology need, strategic importance to SAS, and business case (return on investment) and will provide technical oversight for those IR&D projects selected for funding. She/he will prepare ML/AI Product/Technology Roadmaps, coordinate the IR&D projects with other new business investments (NBI) and activities, including contractual R&D (CRAD), Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR), Selling Expense and Capital: and manage the portfolio of SAS Intellectual Property in the ML/AI technology area. To these ends, the ML/AI Technology Area Director must exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills, be able to translate broad mission area capability gaps into specific product technology needs, be able to develop technology strategies capable of satisfying these needs within time and budget constraints, understand earned value management and how it is applied to IR&D, and provide technical leadership and guidance where necessary.
* 12+ years related work experience
* Experience in development of new cyber technology
* Experience in interfacing, communicating and presenting to all levels of the organization including senior-level executives
* Must have ability to obtain at least DoD Secret security clearance
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Existing DoD Secret or Top Secret security clearance
* One or more invention disclosures rated for filing or trade secret status
* Experience in managing an IR&D project or CRAD program
* Experience in external customer relations
* Experience in technology management (e.g., corporate TAD or TIG lead)
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.