About the Team
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
* Employees are given Uber credits every month.
* The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
* Smart, engaged co-workers.
* 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
* Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
* Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
At Uber, we have many opportunities to work with large data sets and to build essential tools that then transform the data into insightful information. We are looking for a Data Engineer to build pipelines to move that information across systems, and to build the next generation of tools to enable us to take full advantage of this knowledge. Our Data Platform group oversees all of the data utilized by the Uber financial and executive teams. The engineers on this team are a critical part of making our Enterprise Performance platform successful.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do:
* Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines
* Build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to your customers
* Deep understanding of compliance governance and oversight processes in the area of data security and privacy.
* Demonstrated ability to drive results-oriented changes by coordinating with cross functional teams, especially in the area of software product management
* Extensive experience in working with engineering teams in designing systems to meet regulatory and compliance requirements by holistic and strategic approaches
* Design and develop new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
* Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
* Experience with Hadoop/hive, vertica, redshift, presto, pinot/scuba and data warehouse technologies is preferred
* Knowledge of SQL is a must
* Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.