At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As a Solutions Architect in the Business Applications team, you will be responsible for architectural design of scalable solutions that significantly impact Uber's results in areas of user growth, safety and global expansion. Solution Architects will solve extremely challenging technical problems for Uber Eats, Uber Freight, Uber for Business, Law Enforcement Response Team and others.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do:
* Translate business needs into an executable technical design and roadmap
* Design solutions that demonstrate high levels of technical craftsmanship
* Align solutions with our technology roadmap and strategic direction of the team
* Recognize overlaps in initiatives and proactively consolidate technical efforts
* Inform and lead disparate engineering groups toward a common architecture
* Create detailed architecture diagrams, data models, mockups and journey maps
* Survey internal and external systems landscape to enable integrations
* Present proposals to Sales, Operational and Engineering leadership
* Prototype solutions to ensure business alignment with proposals
* Drive development and enforcement of standards, tools and methodologies
What You'll Need:
* Engineering design expertise in software, systems and infrastructure
* Solutions architect experience implementing best-fit Salesforce technologies
* Minimum of 7+ years of Salesforce application development experience
* Expert in Salesforce Administration, Lightning, VisualForce, Apex, SOQL/SOSL
* Excellent systems integration experience with common web services APIs
* Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator
* Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder and/or Platform Developer
* Excellent verbal, written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
* Excellent cross-functional senior-level stakeholder management experience
* Passion for technology, industry research and enjoys solving business problems
About the Team
The Business Applications team's mission is to empower Uber's staff to be more productive and successful through our technical solutions, service delivery and innovation. Our team supports Sales and Community Operations teams within Uber Eats, Uber Freight and Uber for Business. We also support Uber's Law Enforcement Response Team improving safety of riders/drivers across the globe. Our team invests in innovation, new business line expansion and integration with external and internal systems.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.