At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
UATG is hiring systems engineers who have good attention to detail and experience building a variety of infrastructure solutions to scale. Travel to various locations may be required.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Automate cloud and data center infrastructure provisioning and management to scale massive systems supporting self-driving development
* Support autonomy development across a wide range of functional teams in disparate regions to further the UATG self-driving mission
* Maintain availability and uptime SLAs for developer-facing and vehicle-facing services
* Maintain and support large-scale batch processing development pipelines on CPU and GPU
* Architect the future of infrastructure supporting self-driving cars at world-scale
* Execute large engineering projects with full autonomy
What You'll Need
* Prior experience programming in C/C++, Ruby, Python, Java, or Go
* Experience using Docker to create portable applications or services across thousands of servers in multiple regions
* Experience with traditional infrastructure configuration management and provisioning technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Saltstack, Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.
* Experience architecting, building, and supporting distributed systems for batch processing and cluster computation on Mesos or Kubernetes
* Experience deploying infrastructure in public cloud environments (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
* Experience with storage technologies like Lustre, GlusterFS, S3
* Experience with Hadoop technologies such as HDFS, Spark, Cassandra and Hive
* Prior experience supporting or knowledge of Postgres, MySQL, DynamoDB, and Amazon RDS
* Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
* Able to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders in cross-functional roles and projects
* Minimum 3-5 years supporting infrastructure in large-scale environments
Bonus Points if
* You've worked with Bazel, Buck, or other complex build system for large software projects
* You're curious about Tensorflow, Pytorch, Caffe and other libraries for ML
* You've built Machine Learning infrastructure to scale
About the Team
The UATG Infrastructure Platform is dedicated to providing a consistent development experience across all software development use cases at UATG. In addition, we are architecting the future of infrastructure to support our expanding self-driving fleet of vehicles.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.