At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the role:
Uber for Business is on a path to revolutionize the way businesses manage their ground transportation needs.
We need creative, quantitative thinkers with the ability to clearly synthesize and communicate insights from product data to accelerate us down this path.
As a Data Scientist on Uber for Business you will work hand in hand with the Product, Marketing, Design, Sales and Engineering teams to keep product development data driven and informed. Candidates are expected to act with high levels of autonomy to guide their team's roadmaps and build their data products.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do
* Building a predictive model to identify and differentiate business trips from personal trips
* Building conversion propensity models to nudge the correct users to adopt our Business class products
* Optimize and measure the business traveller experience
What You'll Need
* 2 Minimum Years of Experience with SQL, R/Python, Statistics, Machine Learning
* 2+ years experience in quantitative analytical roles, preferably product related
* Quantitative background in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Physics or another technical field. Graduate degrees preferred.
* Highly analytical and able to extract key insights from data then communicate them clearly and effectively to stakeholders.
* Ability to work in high growth, ambiguous environment.
* Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods.
About Uber for Business Uber for Business has one goal-to allow businesses of any size to harness Uber's technology to move their business in new ways, with less hassle. From enterprises that need a seamless global travel solution to local businesses that want to provide courtesy rides to customers, or clinics providing reliable rides for patients, and more.With over 65,000 businesses around the world already on board, Uber for Business is building for the future of how work gets done, wherever you need to go.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.