The Whole Life Engineering Directorate has an exciting opportunity for an experienced System Safety Engineer to join our Safety Team.
Raytheon's Whole Life Engineering Directorate is a systems engineering organization whose main objective is to influence hardware, software, and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability and economical ownership by the customer and end users.
As a System Safety Engineer you're an integral participant in the design/development process and are responsible for system safety and risk analyses in order to identify risks and influence design to eliminate or minimize safety hazards.
In this role you'll work with a multi-disciplinary team responsible for system safety on a large scale, real-time Radar program.
Specific responsibilities may include:
* Conducting Safety Analyses and documenting results (Preliminary Hazards List/Analysis, System Hazard Analysis, Functional Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Safety Assessment Report)
* Documenting hazards and maintain Hazard Tracking System
* Developing Software Safety Requirements and providing requirements analysis and flow-down of Safety requirements and attributes in the Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
* Performing code analyses to determine whether code is safety significant
* Supporting Configuration Review Boards
* Participating in System Safety Working Groups and Technical Interchange Meetings
* Developing Technical Data Packages and Presentations for Safety Board Reviews
* Representing System Safety Engineering and presenting results of safety analyses at formal program design reviews
* Documenting and reporting residual risk
This position can be a grade level G09 or a grade level G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibilities required for the position.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
* 6+ years technical experience as a System Safety Engineer, Software Engineer, Systems Engineer or equivalent,
* US Citizenship required
* Operational experience with U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, or Air Force combat/weapon systems and Ordnance.
* Understanding of Requirements, the Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) database tool
* Experience with a wide application of technical theories and concepts related to system safety engineering and combat/weapon systems design.
* Experience planning, performing analyses, and reporting results IAW MIL-STD-882
* Experience conducting and documenting analyses
* Knowledge of MIL-HDBK-454, MIL-STD-1427, MIL-STD-1474, Missile Defense Agency Assurance Provisions (MAP), MIL-STD-464, Joint Software System Safety Committee (JSSSC) Handbook, MIL-STD-1425, and AMCOM 385-17.
* Experience with DOORS, Web-based Software Trouble Report (WSTR) System, and Proposal development.
* Experience Software System Safety Technical Review Panels (SSSTRP) or Software Materiel Release activities.
Bachelors' degree in a (STEM) discipline
This job is posted internally as: Sr. Systems Engineer II (G09) or Principal Systems Engineer (G10)
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that's shared by Raytheon employees across the globe - a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com
143975 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.