How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) has an opening in IT Engineering Solutions for a Sr. Information Systems Technologist II on the mechanical tool support team. This position will support end users with the deployment, configuration, maintenance and upgrade of mechanical engineering tools. The selected candidate should be familiar with the mechanical design process where design models are integrated into the analysis tools for design verification and optimization. This position will be directly engaged with tools from the design, analysis visualization and data management capabilities.
Locations:Largo, FL; El Segundo, CA or Dallas, TX
* Deploy Mechanical Engineering tools to end user workstation and/or high performance computing environments
* Partnering with engineering tool strategist to drive analysis capability roadmaps
* Continuous improvement mindset: develop/improve interfaces that will streamline data processing and workflow processes
* Work with the team to develop automated tool deployment capabilities (packaging)
* Work independently with a focus on delivering business value
* Work across disciplines and IT organizations to develop holistic design interfaces which will improve efficiencies at the user level
* Minimum 6+ years of professional experience supporting / using mechanical design and data management tools
* Knowledge of tool governance and license compliance
* Ability to work with end users for training and adoption of enhanced tool capabilities
* Experience regarding the integration of CAD tools with the PDM environment
* Understanding of the mechanical workflow with in the PDM Environment
* Ability to work across geographic regions remotely supporting end users (virtual support and teaming)
* Ability to interface with suppliers concerning issues and enhancements to drive result that benefit Raytheon
* Understanding of the Windows operating environment, both desktop and server installations
* Proficient in use of Microsoft suite of tools (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint)
* This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
* Working knowledge of Linux operating systems and high performance computing
* Working knowledge of mechanical design tools (Creo Parametric)
* Experience in database management
* Experience in working in an Engineering environment
* Hands on working experience using design and data management tools
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or related discipline
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I(TM) products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
FL - Largo
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.