We are pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be "One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place". Our software engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities, which arm and defend our warfighters. Candidates have the opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists who are providing radar and sensor solutions which deliver superior detecting, ranging, and tracking for military forces worldwide.
This position will support design, development, test, and verification of algorithms supporting the ElectroOptical Distributed Aperture System (EODAS) program. The successful candidate will be an active participant on the integrated product team (IPT) for the Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business unit; providing embedded real-time software development for the EODAS program. The software development will consist of developing algorithms for a large complex Electro Optic (EO) system. Specific duties include performing software development and system integration and test for a complex sensor system using Raytheon engineering processes and practices. The individual may also be called upon to provide flight test and field support. This individual will work as part of a large multi-disciplined team to develop the system. This individual will also be asked to use modular design approaches and/or agile software development techniques for a high quality, supportable system.
Why Choose Raytheon
Invest in yourself by investing in a career at Raytheon. We support career development in both technical and management paths, with numerous internal and external training opportunities, educational assistance programs, rotational training and development, mentoring, and leadership development programs. We emphasize work life-balance and encourage employees to take advantage of our flexible work arrangements and telecommuting opportunities.
We have been recognized across industry with accolades such as:
* One of the top ten "Best Companies for Women to Work" by IEEE Women in Engineering magazine
* Among the "Best Places to Launch a Career" by Business Week magazine
* A "Top 50 Employer" by readers of Workforce Diversity for Engineering and IT Professionals
Check out our Raytheon overview on YouTube:
* Participating in the full software lifecycle development (requirements analysis, design, implementation and unit testing, software integration and test, system level integration)
* Performing requirements analysis / definition to ensure system will meet all customer requirements.
* Integrating system parameters and software solutions into the real-time system and ensure the functionality of the requirement.
* Participating in code and other software artifacts reviews.
* Interacting with engineers from other disciplines, such as Systems and Electrical Engineering, to obtain pertinent information required to accomplish tasks.
* Minimum 4 years' experience supporting and developing real-time embedded software.
* Experience with C/C++.
* Experience with Image Processing and implementation of complex algorithms.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to develop real-time embedded SW in a CMMI process driven environment.
* Experience using a Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS), e.g., Linux, VxWorks, Green Hills (GH) Integrity.
* Applicants must have the ability to manage their own workload and have strong decision analysis skills.
* Must be able to manage multiple unrelated tasks in an organized manner.
* Ability to work occasional overtime to support critical program events.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral form, and must be able to team well with others. This includes demonstrated effective communication with internal and external customers.
* Willing to travel < 10% of the time to support flight tests and off-site integration activities.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* Ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
* Software experience programming in Ada.
* Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies
* Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, VxWorks or other Real time operating systems
* Current working experience with Object Oriented (OO) design and Unified Modeling Language (UML).
* Working knowledge of Telelogic DOORS, GIT, JIRA, and/or Rational Team Concert (RTC).
* Working experience with Intel or similar processor, hardware interfaces, and space/airborne sensor systems.
* Working experience with hardware interfaces and communications within a multi-processor system.
* Experience with design, code, integration, and test of large systems.
* A current Secret clearance.
Minimum B.S. degree from an accredited university, Major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
M.S. degree from an accredited university, Major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
142138BR 142138 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
TX - Plano
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.