As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for continuous improvement of engineering standards and operational processes for the New Shepard Business Unit. You will transform data into actionable information, helping to drive real-time effective decisions. You will help shape a team culture that embraces accountability, discipline, and attention to detail at all levels while continuing to evolve, innovate, and learn. You must have a passion for solving complex problems and providing practical solutions; act with minimal direction and on your own initiative; be adaptable as you will work on a variety of applications and systems. You will report to the Blue Origin New Shepard Technical Director. This position will directly impact the history of crewed suborbital space flight and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Lead or coach on complex, cross-domain and cross-site technical problems investigation activities to drive direct cause, root cause and corrective actions through implementation. The domains include but are not limited to control electronics, avionics, electrical wiring, RF COM, software, sensing, and navigation.
* Collaborate with all departments to abstract, analyze and visualize engineering data from bench, laboratory, vehicle ground and flight test to evaluate, validate and/or make conclusions if the planned objectives are met, then inform senior leadership for any mis-hap near misses, failures or lessons learned
* Support various data reviewing activities, such as Bench/Functional Test Data Review, Acceptance Test data Review, Vehicle Test data review, Post Flight Test data review, occasionally provide additional independent technical data plotting support in timely manner when needed
* Identify, build and maintain necessary tools, analytics, and reporting to highlight or correlate related historical data by yourself, or identified and requested by other team members
* Utilize Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), other failures investigation techniques to dramatically improve cause analysis cycle, defects and waste
* Support and sometimes lead to improve processes for Design, Production, Operation and Customers Support using those data and tools
* Mentor and educate employees on data visualizing tools, failure investigation techniques, such as FMEA, FTA, etc.
* Develop and deliver content for operational reviews with internal leadership
* Collaborate with other business units for more advanced engineering analysis technology or tools development or study
* Minimum of a MS in Electrical, Telecommunication, Computer Science, or related engineering or science fields
* Minimum 5 years of industry experience across multiple phases of the product lifecycle
* Demonstrable skillsets of engineering data analysis using scripting programing languages or software tools
* Demonstrated track record of resourcefulness and success from previous assignments and working with interdisciplinary and cross-functional teams
* Sense of urgency, willingness to dive into the details and ultimately take action.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Experience in aerospace flight data analysis, failure investigation board, safety cases analysis or other similar analytical work groups.
* Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO9000 Quality Management System and/or related quality systems and programs
* Experienced with engineering tools, such as Matlab/Simulink, scripting programing languages, such as Python/VBA for Microsoft Office Suit, business intelligence tools such as JIRA, Tableau, Sharepoint etc.
* Experience in a small company and/or startup environment.
* Ability to travel to other sites.
* Experience with enterprise tool implementations such as material resource planning, manufacturing execution system, maintenance/repair/overhaul
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.