As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be required to set technical direction and support team members to meet current and future engine program needs. Additionally, you will be responsible for technical processes with respect to design and test of avionics software. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Responsible for employee life cycle including performance management, task/project management, training and provide tools for career development for the group's members.
* Write, modify, or assure compliance with company hardware and software development plans
* Define, assign and manage tasking for software engineers
* Write, modify and implement group configuration management plans, or assure compliance with company verification and configuration management plans
* Assure compliance with other company plans, processes and procedures
* Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for programs during reviews and failure investigations.
* Recruit new software engineers to the team
* As required, the group manager may also provide direct technical support to program as an individual contributor.
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent, and 8+ years' experience in software development
* Software development skills, particularly in C/C++, Python, or C#/Java
* Experience with build, test, and deployment automation
* Experience in the entire software design and test cycle
* Experience with software development in mission and safety-critical environments, such as DO-178 compliance
* Ability to be self-directed and balance several tasks at one time
* Demonstrate leadership ability
* Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Master's Degree (M.S.) or higher in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
* Experience with Mathworks code generation toolchain
* Experience in a waterfall or AGILE development framework
* Demonstrated ability to manage teams on large and complex technical projects, including managing within budget constraints and schedule deadlines
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.