As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will participate in the development of space launch vehicles. We are seeking a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills that can thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will be primarily responsible for the administration and maintenance of our primary project scheduling software, Primavera P6 Professional Project Management and well as the MS SQL database supporting Primavera. You will support development and maintenance of project scheduling and planning tools and processes. In this hands-on position, your work will increase the speed and efficiency of our programs by supporting the delivery, quality and transparency of schedule and financial data. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Develop standards for and administer the tools for program scheduling, resource planning, cost analysis, and reporting
* Develop Program Planning & Controls process standards
* Manage and monitor P6 tool administration including help-desk support
* Manage and maintain MS SQL as required (upgrades, requests for data interfaces with other applications and the development of queries and/or views necessary for these interfaces)
* Develop and conduct training for P6 user base
* Development and tracking of key performance indicators for process health
* Monitoring data and environment integrity and standard archiving/backup processes
* Support to program business offices in support of program baselining and critical path and variance analyses
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Project Management, or related field
* Expert user of Primavera P6 with minimum 8 years extensive use
* Highly skilled in setting up and maintaining the Primavera P6 Professional Project Management application
* Practical knowledge of all other Primavera P6 functionality; configuration, database maintenance, data storage, report generation, user security
* Proficiency with resource loaded schedules using Primavera (P6), Open Plan, MS Project, or other similar software
* Excellent understanding MS SQL in building queries and views and specific understanding of the Primavera tables and relationships
* Experience in one or more of the following areas: Budgeting, cost analysis, and financial reporting
* Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
* Strong communication skills in technical work environments
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* 5+ years experience in Manufacturing or Aerospace
* Hands-on Project Controls skillset, specifically in scheduling and planning complex projects, project controls, project planning and IMS
* Self-starter, strong bias for action
* Analytical, organization and problem solving skills
* Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
* Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
* Experience with Deltek, COBRA, cost/schedule integration tools
* Project Management certification (PMP/Certified Project Manager)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.