Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you're watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today's forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We're changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
Who We Are
Our support team consists of developers, designers, educators, and writers. We write code examples, publish documentation, provide direct email support, answer questions on StackOverflow, and build small applications to speed up our internal processes. We are knowledgeable about every part of the Mapbox stack and collaborate with teams across time zones to incorporate user feedback and perspectives into our product. We are as invested in Mapbox tools and the people building them as we are in our users.
What You'll Do
* Break down complex customer questions into manageable pieces, dive into the Mapbox stack to find the answers to those questions, and craft concise and friendly responses
* Work with our engineering and documentation teams to ensure our product documentation and code examples are up to date and accurate
* Work with the rest of the Mapbox support team to ensure we're consistently delivering high-quality support to our customers
* Aggregate user feedback and turn it into actionable next steps for Mapbox product engineers
* Monitor our public GitHub repositories to track open issues and assist Mapbox users and contributors as needed
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
* Exemplary written communication and technical writing skills
* History of customer-first focus and empathy
* Familiarity with web or native mobile development
* Comfortable with tools such as GitHub and the command line
* Experience working with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process
* Experience with geospatial tools
* Experience with software development
* Formal or informal education experience
* Experience working on open source software or managing projects in GitHub
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
* We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
* We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
* We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
* We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Mapbox is mapping platform for developers.