Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you're watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today's forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We're changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
Senior Solutions Architects (SA) are technical and business experts who partner with customers to solve their biggest location challenges. They advise customers on technical architecture and implementation, design and develop blueprints from common patterns, and partner with product teams to fix gaps and identify new use cases. Our work results in increased customer value from Mapbox products, increased sales, and improved product capabilities. SA's are good developers with front and back end technologies who love working with customers. Successful candidates typically have have software engineering, product management, solutions engineering, or technical consulting experience prior to this role.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Solution Architect (SA) you'll partner with Account Executives (AE) and Technical Account Managers to advise large enterprise and strategic customers on how to build location solutions with Mapbox. You'll have expertise in one of Mapbox's vertical focus areas: logistics, data analytics and visualization, or consumer app design. You'll own the technical success of your customers. This will require understanding complex use cases and environments and guiding customers through the proof of concept phase. You'll also use your deep business and industry knowledge to build end-to-end proofs of concepts and solutions architectures that demonstrate new use cases for location tools to our customers and partners.
* Apply technologies Mapbox's areas of customer focus - data analytics, logistics, or consumer apps - to solve strategic customer challenges.
* Deliver high quality, engaging technical presentations and solutions to senior decision makers
* Own the technical sale - consult with the customer on how and why they should use Mapbox, and help the customer work through technical objections in the solutions cycle, building alongside them if necessary.
* Increase Mapbox business opportunities by defining and building technical content including solution architectures, white papers, and quick start guides to show customers how to implement specific use cases for new technologies.
* Provide structured feedback and advocate for important features and use cases to Mapbox product & engineering teams.
* Mentor and lead junior members of the team
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
* A strong communicator that's comfortable explaining complex concepts and architectures to both technical and non-technical audiences, large and small.
* A strategic and creative problem-solver and engineer that can both white board solutions, and champion them with CTOs and other high level stakeholders.
* Demonstrated understanding of solving complex customer problems
* Desire to explore, learn and teach new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms
* 6+ years experience in software engineering, technical consulting, solutions architecture, or product management.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
* We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
* We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
* We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
* We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Mapbox is a provider of a mapping platform for designers and developers.