Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you're watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today's forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We're changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The IT team has the twin responsibilities of making the technology that every Mapboxer uses as effective and frictionless as possible while also optimizing the performance of our corporate technology stack. We do that by promoting secure, repeatable processes, supporting data wherever it lives, and delivering self-service solutions whenever possible.
Everyone at Mapbox is a customer, a stakeholder, and a partner. IT has a diverse range of functions, including laptop support, office networking, audio/visual administration, SaaS application integration, and end-user training.
What You'll Do
Mapbox is looking for an experienced, customer-focused IT Services Administrator to join our IT team in Washington, D.C. Reporting to the IT Manager, you'll work with colleagues across our offices and throughout the Platform Engineering organization to keep our employees focused on delivering next-generation location services, not wrestling with computer issues. In this role, you can expect to:
* Collaborate with the rest of the IT team to manage the inbound queue of support requests and resolve them according to the SLA.
* Provide superior customer support in-person, in our ticketing system, and via chat. Provide the skills for our employees to effectively use our corporate tools and become IT advocates.
* Support the smooth onboarding of new hires and manage the full employee IT lifecycle.
* Assist in the conferencing and audio/visual systems for large meetings and events.
* Identify trends in request tickets and help build automation and process improvements to make the system work better over time.
* Participate in weekly sprints and contribute to IT projects, both as a contributor and a leader.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
* Experience in a multi-input, fast-paced IT support organization that prioritizes customer service. You'll need to juggle multiple items at once, and self-direction is key as you constantly re-evaluate which tasks are top of the list. Frequent context switching is the norm.
* Experience automating with scripting languages like bash. Knowledge of Node.js, or Python is a plus.
* A love for problem solving, and a commitment to frictionless risk reduction. You dig into the root causes of issues, think outside the box, and strive for "secure by default" whenever possible.
* The ability to thrive in a judgement-free, partnership-driven team setting. Despite all of our differing roles and experience, we are a group of peers and act accordingly. Many key decisions are collaborations made by the team, rather than being handed down from up above.
* Excellent spoken and written English skills, both technical and narrative. Most of our communication happens in Slack, ticket threads, and knowledge-base posts, but a lot of it is face-to-face, too!
* A love for problem solving, and a commitment to security. You dig into the root causes of issues, think outside the box, and have been told your solutions are "ingenious" on more than one occasion. But you never hack your way to success.
* Familiarity with Agile frameworks to keep projects on track and delivered at velocity.
* Experience with our IT tools and platforms of choice, including macOS and Windows 10, Okta SAML, GitHub, Slack, Google G Suite, Zoom, ticket management systems such as Zendesk, and scripting languages.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
* We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
* We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
* We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
* We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Mapbox is a provider of a mapping platform for designers and developers.