PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR is seeking to hire a Supplier Quality Engineer who will implement the Supplier Software Quality Assurance (SSQA) process across all suppliers delivering embedded software. Activities include participation in supplier selection, conducting assessments, monitoring supplier life cycle metrics, and approving PPAP submissions for product launch. Additional duties include supporting engineering activities, participating in root cause analyses of supplier defects, and application of ASPICE capability improvement methodologies to supplier processes.
This position will be located in Denton, Texas. PACCAR Quality is located in Bellevue Washington with staff distributed across all PACCAR locations supporting supplier activities, new product launches, and engineering.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Collaborate with engineering and suppliers to meet PACCAR Supplier Software Quality Assurance (SSQA) requirements
* Participate in supplier audits to select new software suppliers
* Works with engineering and validation organizations, in requirements management and test
* Participate in design reviews and product readiness reviews
* Monitor supplier activities and escalate when risk factors to quality are detected
* Assess supplier processes using ASPICE improvement and capability assessments
* Evaluate and approve supplier submissions for PPAP and approve software products for launch
* Participate in continued improvement of the PACCAR Supplier Software Quality Assurance process
* Collaborate with international divisions in the standardization of software quality globally
* Lead supplier activities in Advanced Quality Planning for embedded software
* Support production with root cause analysis and problem solving for software related issues
* Domestic travel up to 50%
* Five years' experience in embedded systems development or related field
* Three years' experience in a product or process quality role
* Knowledge of software and electronic development processes
* Background in AGILE or Iterative software development methodology
* Experience with V-Models and Product Life Cycle (PLC) principles
* Strong communication and negotiation skills
* Ability to operate independently and make decisions in situations of ambiguity
* Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively
* Experience with Industry tools such as; Matlab/Simulink, dSpace AutomationDesk, ControlDesk, HPQC, DOORS, PTC Integrity, test and verification tracking tools, requirements management tools
* Familiarity with Controller Area Network (CAN) technologies
* Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
* Experience with Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP)
* Background in an Automotive environment
* Professional certification from ASQ in CSQE
* ASPICE certified Provisional or Competent Assessor
* Direct experience managing supplier activities
Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
Master's degree in Business or Science preferred.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Denton
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Embedded, Informatics, Developer, Engineer, Quality, Technology, Engineering
PACCAR is engaged in design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.