The Staff Software Engineer, GUI Development, will support Critical Care Instrumentation Software development team. The candidate will participate in the implementation development and testing of the user interface of an application used in bio medical monitoring system.
* Maintaining all the build process and internal info-structure to support a seamless software package releases
* Develop and design test scenarios for rapid testing of the R&D product code
* Provide guidance and improvement of the software testing and development life cycle.
* Automation of development processes and unit/regression tests for medical device systems
* Develop software requirements and design documents,
* Translation of software requirements into structured software design
* Implementation of the GUI applications for biomedical monitoring system
* Participation in code reviews/verification
* Provide assistance in development and maintenance of already existing GUI application
* A minimum of 5 years direct experience is required. An advanced degree may offset some required experience.
* A bachelor's or a master's degree in an engineering discipline is required.
* A degree in Computer Science is a strongly preferred.
* Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio software development using C# under Net is required.
* Experience developing software in multi-threaded / multi-processor environments is required.
* Experience with Software integration and debugging is required.
* Must have a knowledge and understanding of OOD and OO methodology, full SDLC processes, UML, sequence diagrams, and software unit testing.
* Excellent documentation and communication skills.
* Must be able and willing to document implementation and participate in code reviews.
* Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to achieve results with minimal direction. This position requires a high-energy individual who has excellent teamwork and partnering. Must be proactive and creative in achieving goals.
* Window 7 Embedded is strongly preferred.
* Experience in WPF is preferred.
* Experience in build environment set up is preferred.
* Experience in medical device software development is strongly preferred.
* Experience with networking protocols, including wireless, is a plus.
About Edwards Lifesciences
Edwards Lifesciences is an American medical equipment company specializing in artificial heart valves and hemodynamic monitoring.