The Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Sr. BSA) will report into the IT Global Shared Services team supporting enterprise systems. In this role you will be responsible for working with stakeholders to produce, analyze, specify and validate business and solution requirements to meet business needs. One must be able to bring together a diverse stakeholder group, drive consensus and create a shared understanding between the customer community and the IT solution delivery teams, while maintaining alignment with Business and IT Strategies. Qualified candidates will be able to independently transition to unfamiliar business and systems domains.
* Understand Business opportunities and problems & collect business requirements.
* Perform current-state, future state and gap analysis for Business Processes.
* Create system-level process flows and sequence diagrams.
* Capture and document technical functional and non-functional requirements.
* Define acceptance criteria, create use cases and perform acceptance testing.
* Perform data flow and mapping between business concepts and technical construct.
* Provide business systems analysis services (identify, analyze, define, troubleshoot, design, test, deliver, maintain).
* Identify, refine, and accurately articulate the business objectives and value proposition of assigned initiatives. Bring alternative perspectives and influence consensus among stakeholders.
* Lead efforts to reengineer and optimize business processes and systems by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and implementing technology solution options.
* Empower users and super-users (by training and performing knowledge transfer) to leverage IT systems for business process automation and optimization.
* Lead and/or manage small to medium sized projects / enhancements.
* Work with project leads to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; support risk management and change management activities.
* Responsible for the success of the Requirements Definition Process for assigned work with limited supervision; Produce, analyze, specify and communicate business, system and implementation requirements.
* Ensure requirements are unambiguous and understandable by both business users and solution delivery teams.
* Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements effectively based on business value, risks and constraints.
* Effectively identify and manage requirements conflicts and issues to resolution
* Ensure that requirements are understood and approved by all stakeholders.
* Int'l travel up to 10% as related to assignment
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, MIS or other related field is required.
* Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst within a complex, matrixed, and global business environment.
* Must have experience developing and supporting business technology systems.
* Strong working knowledge of enterprise information systems such as ERP (JDE a plus).
* Experience with identifying, integrating, and managing SaaS solutions and external vendors.
* Proficient with SQL and data quality and profiling methods and tools.
* SQL 2008 query and report building using Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle SQL Developer experience preferred.
* Supporting healthcare compliance projects as a BSA is highly preferred.
* Experience/Exposure to Sunshine Act Reporting is highly preferred.
* Experience/Exposure to data discovery, and data profiling is preferred.
* Demonstrated capability in Root Cause Analysis (RCA), defect resolution, and ownership of issues through closure.
* Ability to understand state licensing, physician identifiers is preferred.
* Documentation experience: BRDs, test cases, Technical design requirements.
* Extensive experience performing and facilitating UAT testing.
* Proven track record in authoring and execution of test cases.
* Strong working knowledge of Excel, Pivot tables, Vlookup, and PowerBI.
About Edwards Lifesciences
Edwards Lifesciences is an American medical equipment company specializing in artificial heart valves and hemodynamic monitoring.