The Distinguished Algorithm Engineer leverages algorithm development and software design experience in new medical device product development. Strong emphasis on design and development of real-time signal processing algorithms on embedded systems.
Responsibilities include applying scientific, mathematical, signal processing, and software engineering experience to develop computationally efficient real-time embedded algorithms. Algorithm work will include translation of advanced algorithms from algorithm prototypes written in scripting languages into computationally efficient embedded C code. Responsibilities include also collaboration with the Software team for algorithm integration on embedded systems.
A Master's degree in computer sciences, electrical engineering or biomedical engineering with a strong background in software development, mathematics and signal processing and 12 years of relevant experience is required for this position.
* Strong hands-on programming experience in C/C .
* Strong experience in design of complex embedded software architecture
* Strong experience in embedded systems. Demonstrated proficiency in integration, optimization and validation of complex real-time signal processing algorithms on an embedded environment.
* Strong hands on experience in digital signal processing algorithms.
* Strong hands-on programming experience in MATLAB and its various toolboxes for prototyping, testing and validation of signal processing algorithms.
* Working experience in product design control process with experience authoring product requirements, test protocols and reports
* A strong engineering communication skill set is needed to facilitate working with Edwards teams and executives, physician collaborators and principal investigators.
* Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to achieve results with minimal direction. Requires a high-energy individual who has excellent teamwork, partnering, and negotiation skills.
* Must be proactive and creative in achieving goals.
Nice to Have:
* Experience in Machine/Deep Learning and programming in PYTHON is preferred
* Basic knowledge of human physiology and anatomy with emphasis on cardiovascular hemodynamics is preferred
* PhD in computer sciences, electrical engineering or biomedical engineering is strongly preferred and may offset some required years of experience.
About Edwards Lifesciences
Edwards Lifesciences is an American medical equipment company specializing in artificial heart valves and hemodynamic monitoring.