The Distinguished Algorithm Engineer leverages algorithm development and software design experience in new medical device product development. Strong emphasis on design and development of real-time signal processing algorithms on embedded systems.
Responsibilities include applying scientific, mathematical, signal processing, and software engineering experience to develop computationally efficient real-time embedded algorithms. Algorithm work will include translation of advanced algorithms from algorithm prototypes written in scripting languages into computationally efficient embedded C code. Responsibilities include also collaboration with the Software team for algorithm integration on embedded systems.
A Master's degree in computer sciences, electrical engineering or biomedical engineering with a strong background in software development, mathematics and signal processing and 12 years of relevant experience is required for this position.
* Strong hands-on programming experience in C/C .
* Strong experience in design of complex embedded software architecture
* Strong experience in embedded systems. Demonstrated proficiency in integration, optimization and validation of complex real-time signal processing algorithms on an embedded environment.
* Strong hands on experience in digital signal processing algorithms.
* Strong hands-on programming experience in MATLAB and its various toolboxes for prototyping, testing and validation of signal processing algorithms.
* Working experience in product design control process with experience authoring product requirements, test protocols and reports
* A strong engineering communication skill set is needed to facilitate working with Edwards teams and executives, physician collaborators and principal investigators.
* Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to achieve results with minimal direction. Requires a high-energy individual who has excellent teamwork, partnering, and negotiation skills.
* Must be proactive and creative in achieving goals.
Nice to Have:
* Experience in Machine/Deep Learning and programming in PYTHON is preferred
* Basic knowledge of human physiology and anatomy with emphasis on cardiovascular hemodynamics is preferred
* PhD in computer sciences, electrical engineering or biomedical engineering is strongly preferred and may offset some required years of experience.
About Edwards Lifesciences
Edwards Lifesciences is a company operating as a global provider of patient-focused medical solutions for structural heart disease and critical care monitoring.