Ignite your future: your opportunity
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) is the asset management arm of the Charles Schwab Corporation, and has over $380 billion under management in mutual funds and ETFs. Products managed include a wide variety of active and indexed equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies, as well as money markets funds. CSIM uses a consistent and disciplined approach to investing across all our products and seeks to develop innovative new products to meet the core investing needs of our clients.
Unleash your talents: what you're good at
This is an individual contributor role based either in Chicago, IL, San Francisco, CA or Denver, CO, and will be a member of the Strategic Business Insights and Analytics Organization.
Qualified individuals will be responsible for developing business insights through in-depth data analysis. You will evaluate business requirements, identify sources of data, and use business intelligence tools (Tableau, AnswerRocket) to create analytically rich solutions to critical business questions. You will also develop standardized reports and dashboards to support the different business units and key initiatives. You will need to become quickly familiar with our data, its structure, and have a strong business acumen which will allow you to create meaningful insights in support of our business.
In addition to the functional responsibilities within the organization, the candidate must be able to support transformational efforts to create the next generation data delivery solutions. Must have a strong background in visual data delivery, interactive design and Oracle/SQL with a passion for perfection. The candidate will be responsible for planning, designing, coordinating and developing highly interactive dashboards with built-in guided analytics for various lines of business using shared infrastructure.
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time
Engage your expertise: what you'll have
Passionate about data. Think about the barriers that are between people and the data they need to use: arcane database interfaces, coding skills required, inability to iterate quickly with their analysis, time spent fussing with formatting instead of gaining insight. If you want to help solve those problems, and bring people closer to their data, this is the place for you.
Highly Technical. Extensive Database skills (at least one of the following)- DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, Amazon RedShift, SAP HANA, Exasol or similar. Knowledge of databases, warehouses, business intelligence systems and data analysis tools. Programming Languages (desired) - Python, R, Java.
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor's degree required
* A seasoned Tableau expert having 4-6 years of professional experience
* Power BI experience a plus
* Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Tableau, including Table Calcs, LOD Expressions, Parameters, and Dashboard Actions
* Create user-friendly and dynamic Tableau dashboards with KPIs, Heat Maps, Scatterplots, Bar Charts, Slicers, Drill down, Drill up etc. features and possess understanding of when to use them.
* Excellent knowledge of Tableau calculated fields, parameter controls, hierarchy, groups, sets, dashboard actions, filters, annotations etc. in Tableau
* Designs, develops and implements Tableau-based analytical solutions to address business questions and improve health outcomes.
* Develop, validate and execute algorithms, statistical models and clinical applications that answer applied research and business questions.
* Strong understanding of Data Visualization concepts and ability to identify trends & patterns in the data for providing actionable insights
* Experience with dimensional data modeling and relational databases
* Proficient in Agile/Scrum development methodology
* Works closely with internal and external stakeholders to discuss organizational needs and gather dashboard requirements
* Implement process improvements in data sourcing, dashboard performance and product project lifecycle.
* Will be converting existing SSRS reports and re-creating in Tableau
* Experience and familiarity with publishing, scheduling, refreshing reports to Tableau Server 10.x and later
* Supports as data visualization and Tableau Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Data Visualization and UX
* 4 plus years of experience as a visual designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role. Fluency in best practices for the visual presentation of data is desired
* Analyze, study and understand business domain data requirements, user task flows and objectives and create pixel perfect design solutions for visual data delivery and analysis
* Ability to work iteratively and convert business requirements to quick prototypes with different visualization options
* Develop multiple prototypes, mock-ups and conceptualization of ideas that bring simplicity and context to complex design challenges
* Identify and evangelize design best practices in data visualization that promote user friendly and high quality products.
* Experience working in a collaborative team to ensure designs are implemented on projects to ensure consistent quality
* Design highly interactive user interfaces in desktop and web/mobile-based analytical products
* Develop UI mock-ups, storyboards, flow diagrams, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and interactive prototypes
* Participates in usability testing, maintaining visual and user experience systems and requirements
* Ability to consistently deliver results across shifting priorities and deadlines in fast paced environment
* Ability to work with a 'sense of urgency' in order to meet critical deadlines
* Detail oriented with strong investigative and problem solving skills
* Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
* Excellent written communication and presentation skills
* Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
* High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven
* Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
* Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
* Flexible and adaptable working with various business functions
* Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.