Austin - TX, AUSTINA, 12401 Research Blvd Svrd NB, 78759
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab's Software Applications Engineers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. The Oasis Team is looking for a software engineer to work on web development for the client-facing account open application. We are looking for someone passionate about searching out, pioneering and evangelizing new and emerging technologies in order to build exceptional software. The ability to deliver innovative, low cost, reliable solutions is key to success in this role. Our Software Applications Engineers are driven to learn, grow, and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
What you'll do:
* Engage in understanding product and features to better participate in product development
* Develop software in local, cloud, networked, mobile or internet-related technology
* Utilize strong engineering practices to develop highly maintainable, secure, scalable, available and performant end to end systems
* Focus on logging, user based testing and KPIs to better inform product development decisions
* Maintain operational soundness through alert tuning, service-provider and vendor monitoring and automate techniques to ensure production availability
* Deliver predictably and efficiently with high quality and customer satisfaction.
* Help create , promote and develop a highly-engaged , supportive and innovative technology team that others want to be a part of
What you have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
* 1-3 years' professional experience in software development
* Ability to fully support all development phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Experience with Web API and RESTful services
* Must be a critical thinker, solutions-oriented with strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work independently and to effectively interact and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers and management
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: HS/GED Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Monday, April 15, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, July 16, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.