Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Senior Integration Development Engineer will work with technical and business partners to design and maintain optimal programming and environment solutions. Job activities will involve research and documenting production environments, architecture, developing solutions and support the tools and processes to gather detailed user requirements, architect/develop a solution and drive strategic planning discussions with technical, business, and client stakeholders.
What you'll do:
As part of a closely aligned Agile team, you will be engaged through all stages of the software development cycle, with an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and develop new skills. Partnering with fellow developers, testers,product owners, technical leads and architects, you will be part of a self-organizing team that provides both a strong foundation of support, as well as outstanding career development opportunities. As a technical lead, you willbe both hands on with the engineering work, as well as have an opportunity to support and grow the junior and mid-level members of the team. Strong work ethic, design and development skills, strong problem solving and the ability topartner with business and technologists across the organization are required.
What you have:
* Bachelor's degree from 4-year accredited degree granting college or university is preferred, or equivalent experience
* Minimum 10 + years' of software development experience, 5+ year's team leadership experience
* 5+ years of experience with the following: Java, Spring framework (Spring Boot and Spring cloud Data Flow), cloud development, and Web Services (REST, SOAP) supporting high volume transactions in a Highly available environment
* 5+ years' of experience with continuous build process using Bamboo, Bitbucket/Git, or similar tools
* 2+ years' of experience Distributed Monolithic and Cloud Based Microsevices (Private Cloud/Pivotal Cloud Foundry is strongly differentiating)
* 5+ years of experience in Distributed Databases; SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis or similar
* 5+ years of experience in real-time messaging interfaces like RabbitMQ, WebSpehere MQ or similar
* Solid understanding of integration patterns and practices
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
* Ability to troubleshoot environmental issues
* Ability to conceptualize the best tactical approach for a team to deliver a project
* Ability to establish and lead application and platform architecture and designs and can effectively communicate complex architecture designs to others
* Ability to coach and mentor other engineers
* Experience with SalesForce integration a plus
* Experience in an Agile working environment
* Experience with the Atlassian tool stack (JIRA et alia)
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Friday, April 12, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.