At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineer-Cyber Security to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
This position requires experience with System Security Engineering (e.g. Anti-Tamper or Cybersecurity).
* This position also requires knowledge and experience using systems engineering methodologies and techniques.
* Must be able to prepare technical documents, support ongoing authorization inputs, develop procedures, and work in a fast changing dynamic environment with minimal direction.
* Responsible for System Security Engineering duties as assigned.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
* A Bachelor's degree in a STEM Field (Science, Technical, Engineering or Math) and a minimum of 14 years of experience in Systems Engineering, Cyber Security or another Engineering field of experience or a Master's Degree with 12 years of experience
* An active in-scope DoD Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain program access
* Direct experience with DoD System Security Engineering activities, security processes, and documentation/reporting.
* Familiarity with documenting the security posture of a system and reporting on security controls assigned to the system.
* Experience submitting ongoing authorization inputs and artifacts to support authorizing authority's ongoing assessment and authorization decisions.
* Ability to understand and apply company methodologies, standard, and policies.
* Must possess familiarity/knowledge of both Enterprise (Windows and UNIX/Linux) and embedded computing platforms.
* Experience with structural coverage testing, static code analysis and robustness testing
* Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret security clearance
* Flexibility and strong problem solving, and communication skills are a critical requirement for this position.
* Highly organized self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of management with minimum direct supervision.
* Knowledge of fundamental information technology principles, concepts and techniques to including software languages, design concepts, test methods, and integration practices.
* Minimum 14 years experience with a Bachelors in a STEM field, 12 years with a Masters, or 9 years with a PhD.
* Experience with the Risk Management Framework (NIST SP 800-53) and Committee for National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI 1253).
* Experience with the application of the RMF to the DoD (DoDi 8500.01 Cybersecurity).
* Experience with the application of NIST 800-171 (Controlled Unclassified Information).
* USG Anti-Tamper processes and implementations
* Ability to possess an appropriate certification as required by DoD Directive 8570 (such as CISSP, Security ) for an IASAE Level II Position.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.