At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We are currently looking for a Principal or Sr. Principal Cyber System Engineer in McLean, VA,
Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. At Northrop Grumman Mission Systems we design, build and deliver, space, defense, marine and aviation-related systems to customers around the world.
The Lead Cyber Systems Engineer will perform the following:
Responsible for design, implementation and management of an independent global MS Windows network, utilizing VMWare vSphere 6.0 virtual architectures. Will also manage the Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) architecture for a multi-site infrastructure while supporting evolving planning, integration and growth for private network.
* Design, migrated and manage the virtualization of customer's physical production environment using VMware
* Develop and manage configuration of network installs and upgrades for new or existing hardware and software
* Research and implement system enhancements to improve the reliability, maintainability, and performance of the system's software and infrastructure.
* Coordinated with ISSM to facilitate proper system accreditations and create plan of action to mitigate any vulnerabilities
* Implement and perform operational maintenance on forensic analysis tools and ensure system compatibility.
* Provide network, system, and server administration to the existing and future system architecture, including remote site support.
* Advise management and customers on advanced technical research studies and emerging technologies.
* Manage RAID arrays totaling hundreds of TB.
* Manage user accounts, install COTS and GOTS software, monitor system logs, and perform network throughput analysis to ensure overall system operability.
* Investigate complex technical issues/problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
* Create and maintain system documentation.
* Deploy and Complete medical and training requirements for international travel to support a global network when necessary, supporting network field nodes.
* B.S. in Computer Science or related field
* 14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
* Minimum 10 years' technical experience in networks, software engineering, information technology, and/or information systems in lieu of degree
* Active TS/SCI/ Full Scope Poly clearance required
* Experience or knowledge of Intelligence Community HUMINT collection missions and information operations
* Experience with the customer's network communications and information security policies
* Proficient understanding of software operating systems and software application programs engineering, including design, analysis, and modeling
* Strong project management skills, including schedule and risk management
* Prior experience with RAID storage
* Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
* Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
* Experience with computer forensic tool Advanced Program Interfaces (API's).
* Establish state-of-the-art techniques for designing, developing, modifying and troubleshooting highly complex software operating systems and applications architectures
* Define complex design specifications and parameters
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.