Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a motivated Help Desk Technician to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Joint Engineering Data Management Information & Control System (JEDMICS) team that provides technical and operational software administration support for Oracle and JEDMICS applications to include the underlying operating system the JEDMICS application resides on. Technical support ranges from critical situations where the users cannot use the system to unique low level JEDMICS related administration procedure assistance. Roles and Responsibilities: - Respond to JEDMICS Help Desk tickets from customers regarding issues or questions on the JEDMICS application, operating system, database and webserver used by JEDMICS.
* Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, update help desk tickets, escalate help desk tickets when necessary, keep stakeholders informed of their progress and run periodic reports on status of help desk tickets.
* Develop Structured Query Language (SQL) scripts and reports to support customers' troubleshooting and reporting needs.
* Support installation and validation of quarterly Oracle Critical Patch Updates (CPU) and validation of updates in support of the mitigation of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA).
* Support handling of and response to IA scan or STIG findings reported by customers.
* Support the verification and validation process of the JEDMICS application prior to deployment of JEDMICS releases.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work closely with external customers and internal JEDMICS staff.
* Assist with periodic peer review of program user documentation. Basic Qualifications:
To be considered for this position, you must meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities requirements listed below.
At a minimum, you need:
* A Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field and 5 years work experience; or a Masters and 3 years; PhD and 0 years experience.
* Working knowledge of UNIX operating systems with an emphasis on Linux and Solaris. Must have a basic understanding of Windows, Windows Server and Oracle database applications to include WebLogic and RDBMS.
* The ability to diagnose, identify, isolate and analyze basic application and operating system issues and perform validation / verification testing.
* US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret clearance, with the possibility of Top Secret clearance, is a must.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.