Northrop Grumman Corporation
Where will you find innovation and technology? Right here at Northrop Grumman Corporation. Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Network Analyst to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Palmdale, CA area.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Maintains smooth operation of local area, world wide and virtual private networks (VPN).
* Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
* Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
* May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
* Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
* Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
* May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
* May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
* Oversee equipment installation in cabinets and bays; equipment wiring within the respective cabinets and bays; equipment provisioning, configuration and adjustments, and adherence to industry standards of workmanship.
* Properly escalate and communicate tickets to management within SLA parameters.
* Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 5 years of relevant experience or Master's degree in science with 3 years of relevant experience or 9 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
* At least 5 years of experience designing, installing and configuring network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, etc. using the TCP/IP protocol in a LAN/WAN environment.
* At least 5 years of experience troubleshooting and resolving data and voice network anomalies on an operational network.
* Experience with networking protocols such as DHCP, Domain Name Server (DNS), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
* The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance is required.
* DoD Secret Clearance.
* Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE Certification.
* Skilled at network trouble shooting procedures and best practices.
* Experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis, and system architecture design.
* Demonstrated experience in IP networks, TCP/IP, OSPF, STP, VLAN, Firewalls, LAN and WAN circuits.
* Demonstrated experience with Ethernet using various media including fiber optic and twisted pair copper.
* Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
* Strong organizational abilities and a highly motivated, flexible, team player.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.