Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Senior Test Engineer for the Dolby QA group, you will create and strategies and execute tests that enable the next generation of Dolby technologies. You will work with a global team of engineers to ensure Dolby's products function correctly in complex ecosystems ranging from content creation to in the home playback.
* Design and implement a global compatibility and interoperability test strategy.
* Manage the compatibility and interoperability lab at our San Francisco headquarters.
* Work with senior members of the organization to build test plans, environments, and systems.
* Work with senior engineers to establish product and system test plans.
* Drive alignment in process and techniques for multiple labs located in multiple geographies.
* Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with multiple engineering teams to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
* Setup, configure, and maintain software test labs and test environments.
* Stay ahead of industry standard software testing tools and methodologies.
* B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 4 years of audio experience; demonstrated experience testing Dolby or similar products in the audio domain is a significant plus.
* Experience with both consumer and professional audio and video products.
* Professional experience with test concepts, including test planning and test case design.
* Familiarity with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or ClearQuest.
* Proven experience working in various software environments like MacOS, TVOS, iOS, Windows, Linux, Android, etc.
* Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem solving
#LI - VH1
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories is a company specializing in audio noise reduction and audio encoding/compression.