Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
At Dolby, we are creating spectacular user experiences at the intersection of art and science. Dolby technologies and innovations power these user experiences by connecting end-to-end ecosystems, from the artistic creative process, through distribution, all the way to endpoint playback. These ecosystems include premium Dolby Cinemas, gaming systems, home theaters, mobile devices, and pretty much everything in between. Come explore our laboratories, and discover the next wave of disruptive innovation.
Dolby is searching for a Software Developer to join our Content Creation Tools team in San Francisco. You will develop and maintain audio workflow tools for production of Dolby Atmos cinematic and music entertainment content. Projects include encoding and post-processing tools in addition to audio plug-ins for digital audio workstation software.
* Work within a Scrum team of developers, QA, UX designers, and product managers to deliver high quality pro-audio software in a timely manner.
* Apply sound engineering practices to software development using agile practices to keep the design simple and technical debt at a minimum.
* Stay abreast of industry software development tools and best practices.
* Work closely with internal stakeholders and external beta testers to reproduce and fix bugs reported by QA and from the field.
* Apply project management techniques, produce high-quality estimates and give critical advice on when a product is ready to be released.
* BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent)
* 3+ years of industry experience
* Proficiency in modern C and C++
* Experience with Python is a benefit
* Experience in best programming practices, design, and architectural patterns
* Strong sense of clean code and simple design
* Experience with debugging complex systems and issues; follow up on bug reports and resolve problems
* Experience with Unit Testing Frameworks
* Excellent oral and written communication
* A passion for audio and media production
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories is a company specializing in audio noise reduction and audio encoding/compression.