Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Business Systems Analyst in the IT Enterprise Applications team, this position is responsible for engaging business process owners within Cloud Initiatives, Sales Operations and Customer Support in prioritizing key business initiatives and objectives to deliver and enhance Dolby's sales and support business processes. This involves creating and managing the functional deliverables of the software development life cycle (process flows, requirements, functional designs, etc.) and coordinating with IT and other business stakeholders to gain consensus and implement system changes.
The Business Systems Analyst should possess strong analytical, problem solving, technical, and project management skills to effectively collect requirements, identify alternatives, and design and deploy quality solutions.
In addition to working on new projects, this position will support production applications by analyzing and prioritizing defects and enhancements for recurring releases.
* Serve as the primary point of contact for business stakeholders around prioritization, coordination and escalation of projects, enhancements and issues around eCommerce, Website and Cloud Subscription fulfilment. Opportunity management, account/contact management, case management are secondary areas of responsibility.
* Responsible for functional tasks and deliverables of the software development life cycle (SDLC) including: process definition and reengineering, high and detailed-level requirements gathering, vendor selection, fit/gap analysis, functional design, testing, training, reporting, support, and continuous improvement of business applications.
* Facilitate business process review meetings with subject matter experts to refine business processes to maximize business efficiency.
* Gather and define functional, usability, reliability, and performance requirements in partnership with users for the implementation and enhancement of software systems.
* Partner with project stakeholders across the business and IT by analyzing all requirements to formulate business specifications and translate those into application functionality, deciding when to advocate and when to compromise to arrive at a mutually acceptable solution.
* Create high-level functional designs that are accurately documented and mapped to business or architectural requirements, and communicate those designs to the technical development teams.
* Document and execute system, performance, and user-acceptance test plans to ensure that the system changes are error-free and meet the approved requirements and designs.
* Develop and assist project team members with project scope, estimates and detailed work plans
* BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Business-related field required
* 5+ years' experience in Information Management
* Minimum 3 years working on eCommerce, Website and Cloud subscription fulfilment implementations covering requirements gathering, system design, configuration/development, functional testing, go live and support
* Knowledge of Customer Support and Sales business processes
* Leadership and negotiation skills and the ability to effectively coordinate and manage cross-functional and technical activities
* Demonstrated ability to organize information and processes in a logical and efficient manner
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, including extensive experience meeting and presenting finding to senior executives.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories is a company specializing in audio noise reduction and audio encoding/compression.