Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Applications Engineer, Content Services
Conduct on-site installation, setup and calibration of Dolby and other related equipment. Support exhibition in both sound and image equipment for new installation, installation upgrades, special events and screenings, providing the highest quality presentation for both sound and picture. Provide technical support for post-production facilities including setup, calibration, operation and support for mixing and printmasters of Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital 7.1/5.1 soundtracks for theatrical, broadcast, OTT and other delivery format. Follow established testing procedures to ensure proper working order and highest performance. Work to be performed both locally and remotely, ability to travel required.
* Provide technical liaison and engineering support, including equipment installation, testing, and alignment (Dolby and other) to studios, screening rooms, theatrical exhibitors, audio post- production facilities, distribution/production companies, and broadcasters
* Provide technical training and support for Dolby technologies, products and tools
* Aid Dolby Sales and Marketing in the support of Dolby products and technologies
* Aid Dolby Engineering in finding, reporting and correcting equipment design and software bugs
* Represent Dolby Labs at conventions and trade shows, giving demonstrations and technical
information on equipment
* Perform in-shop maintenance and repair of Dolby equipment in the local office where applicable
* Assist team members and other Dolby groups as needed
* Prepare time logs and reports of work performed as required
* Requires a college degree or equivalent experience for a minimum of 5 years
* Thorough technical knowledge of Dolby (and other) audio and image technologies and products
* Strong technical knowledge of audio and image equipment including audio and video processors,
amplifiers, audio/video routing, mixing consoles, audio DAW systems, digital projectors, and
associated calibration equipment and computer networking
* Good interpersonal and communication skills to represent Dolby in a professional manner and
interface effectively with customers at all levels including technical, artistic and business
* Ability to think and act strategically with strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
* Have the ability to work without direct supervision, to prioritize work, and to work to deadlines
* This job description is provided as a general summary of common job duties performed by individuals assigned this job title. All Dolby employees are expected to perform job duties assigned by company management even when such duties are not included in their job description.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories is a company specializing in audio noise reduction and audio encoding/compression.